Recent research done from a 2017 report by the ‘Public Health Agency of Canada’ shows that approximately 64 percent of Canadian adults over the age of 18 are either overweight or obese. And according to ‘Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation’ reports approximately 69% or two out of three U.S. adults are overweight or obese.
Global statistics are also showing that being overweight or obese impacts nearly one-third of the world’s population or 2.1 billion people. That is an increase of overweight and obese individuals in the world from approximately 857 million (20%) in 1980 to 2.1 billion (30%) in 2013. Statistics from 1980 to 2013 also shows the prevalence of overweight and obesity in children has increased by nearly 50%.
These statistics can be quite alarming when you consider all the major health risks from numerous diseases and the increased mortality rate that being overweight or obese can cause.
- Coronary artery disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Gallbladder disease
- Sleep apnea
- At least 10 cancers, including endometrial, breast, and colon cancer
- Epidural lipomatosis
Being overweight or obese is also associated with a 51% increase in mortality compared with people who have always been a normal weight.
There is many conflicting scientific studies and various theories out there as to ‘why’ so many of us may now be overweight or obese than ever before in history; but the evidence still points to the two main causes that we have already suspected, which are:
- We EAT WAY TOO MUCH FOOD
- We are BECOMING EXTREMELY SEDENTARY
Living in this very technological age today, we are sitting more than ever before in history. Here is an example for you. A typical person today sits on their commute to work, then they sit for 8 hours at their work desk computer, then sit while commuting back home again and then lastly sit for several hours binge watching your favorite TV series while chowing down on some pizza.
All in all, this can add up to more than 14 hours of sitting in a day! It is said that ‘sitting’ is the ‘new smoking’ because of the many dangers it causes to your health.
Of course, along with all this sitting we are also eating larger amounts of foods that are faster and more convenient and not necessarily healthy for us. So, what can a person do to change these habits into healthier habits that are more in line with our newer more technical lifestyle today?
Yes! By using Hypnosis for Weight loss and exercise motivation it positively works by helping you to change your mental habits and behaviors about how much you eat and how much you move.
Hypnotherapy uses a quite different approach compared to traditional weight loss or dieting methods with helping a person lose weight. The emphasis is more about losing weight slowly but surely, so there are no quick fixes involved. Generally, during a hypnotherapy session a person is given typical hypnotic suggestions designed to increase their desire to ‘Eat Only Healthy, Delicious (to you), and Nutritious foods’ and to ‘Stop eating automatically when full’, and to desire to eat only small amounts of these foods at regular intervals throughout their day.
- Motivate you to eat slower and more consciously so that you learn to savor every mouthful.
- Motivate you to eat smaller portions and stop eating automatically when full.
- Motivate you to enjoy eating healthier foods more rather than unhealthy foods.
- Motivate you to drink more water daily.
- Motivate you to become more focused and aware of how many calories that you’re eating every day in order to maintain a healthy balance
- Install an aversion towards certain foods that may be addictive or emotional triggers for you; foods like chocolate, ice cream, junk foods of all sorts, soda pops, sugary drinks etc.
- Motivate you to enjoy exercising every day and to enjoy how good your body feels whenever you exercise
- Helps you to develop a new self-image by imagining yourself in the future after losing weight and make that your desired future outcome
- Learn to be more relaxed about your weight and to love yourself more
- Encourage more positive thinking about your weight loss goals by being more confident and self-assured
First let us explain what exactly a gastric band is. Some persons who are morbidly obese, have undergone a medical surgery that is called ‘gastric band surgery’ which involves surgically fitting a band around the upper part of the stomach. This band limits the amount of food a person can eat, helping them to lose excess weight.
Some people feel this type of surgery is a ‘quick-fix’, but patients need to meet a certain strict criterion, and be healthy enough to undertake this type of surgery along with being fully committed to long-term weight loss. This means committing to changing their lifestyle and attending regular follow-ups.
Even though this is a surgical procedure done by skilled medical doctors there are many unpleasant side-effects and complications along with being an awfully expensive procedure to do. Some patients will suffer nausea and regurgitation. Those who do not adjust well to the band may need further surgery to adjust or even surgically remove it altogether.
The good news is that by using the ‘HypnoBand technique’ or having a ‘virtual gastric band’ fitted there’s NO SURGERY involved. This specialized technique is aptly named, ‘HypnoBand’ and is a hypnosis technique designed to get the subconscious mind believing that a gastric band has been surgically fitted. While being in a hypnotic trance your inner mind believes that you have had the surgery done and that your stomach has reduced in size which causes your stomach to feel smaller or shrunk. The process does NOT involve surgery or medication at all and is completely safe.
Because your inner subconscious mind is so powerful, it accepts these positive suggestions that are given to you about your stomach shrinking, and your behavior changes accordingly. Usually, along with the ‘fitting’ of the virtual gastric band, suggestions surrounding confidence and behavior are also given to you to help you commit to this change in lifestyle.
To successfully embed these positive suggestions even further, your hypnotherapist will give you two pre-recorded self-hypnosis MP3’s to listen to at home daily in between your in-office sessions over the scheduled six-week period. Of course, it always helps to educate yourself on nutrition and exercise which are given for you to read in your HypnoBand package.
- You spend more time living every day and less time worrying about eating and exercising
- There’s NO ‘Good food list’ or ‘Bad food list’ to follow, you learn to enjoy eating any food in moderation and to stop eating when you are full
- There is less expense involved because there are no specialty foods, diet pills, shakes, bars, etc. to buy
- It is healthier on your body because there are no drastic food restrictions involved and no side effects and no surgery involved
- It is natural and simple and easier than you think!
30-minute pre-talk and intake consultation
4 sessions (each 1 hour) – scheduled once per week
434-page cookbook, named, ‘400 Calorie Fix’ by Liz Vaccariello
Nutritional meal planning, exercise, and weight loss tips Folder
2 hypnotic MP3 self-hypnosis recordings
Each 4-week package includes cookbook, weight loss folder, and MP3 recordings